An initiative of Play Australia (IPA Australia) Incorporated – ABN 54 015 468 405
Play Australia (IPA Australia) is the peak national advocacy organisation for play.
We support outdoor play by way of inspiration, advice, access to information and professional services.
As the Australian branch of the International Play Association (IPA) we protect the human rights of all children to play, as recognised within Article 31 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Playground Finder is a website owned and operated by Play Australia (IPA Australia) available on both iOS and Android applications.
If you do not agree with any terms set out, then you should not access or use Playground Finder.
If you have any questions please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intellectual Property
- Playground Finder (including all content on the website, iOS application and Android application) is the intellectual property of Play Australia (IPA Australia).
- You may not distribute, reproduce, publish, alter, modify or create derivative works from any content appearing on Playground Finder without prior written permission from Play Australia (IPA Australia).
- Access and Use
- Play Australia (IPA Australia) reserves the right to modify, discontinue or disable Playground Finder or any part of the website and applications at any time.
- No responsibility is taken for any information which may appear on any linked websites.
- When using Playground Finder, You must not upload content that is or may be considered material that:
- is illegal, abusive, threatening, defamatory, offensive, pornographic, racist, discriminatory or invasive of another’s privacy;
- contains plagiarism;
- infringes the intellectual property of another party;
- is not owned by you;
- is false or misleading;
- constitutes criminal content or may contravene law; and/or
- disturbs or damages Playground Finder and/or Play Australia (IPA Australia).
- In addition, when using Playground Finder, You must not:
- upload pictures of children (0-17 years old) who can be identified;
- collect any available personal information or upload any personal information – for example: names, address, phone numbers or other identifying information;
- transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising materials, spam or similar
- impersonate any person or entity;
- use Playground Finder for any unlawful purpose; and/or
- violate or attempt to violate the security of Playground Finder.
- You acknowledge that Playground Finder is a community generated information source and as such Play Australia (IPA Australia) cannot be held liable for the accuracy of data available on the platform.
- Play Australia (IPA Australia) provides Playground Finder as a general information service, however does not endorse playground information listed, public reviews or other content created by Playground Finder Users.
- Play Australia (IPA Australia) has no liability to You whatsoever for;
- injuries or harms suffered by You and children in your care when visiting any and all playgrounds; and/or
- loss or costs of any kind You suffer as a result of disruptions or difficulties in using Playground Finder.
- Play Australia (IPA Australia) respects your privacy and the confidentiality of personal information provided to us by Playground Finder Users.
- Any and all personal information collected will be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, reused, rented, lent, or otherwise disclosed.
- Play Australia (IPA Australia) adheres to the personal information handling practices as required by the Information Privacy Act 2000 (Vic).
- Playground Finder is a free service and as such Playground Finder Users will never be asked for any financial details.
- Use of personal information
- Play Australia (IPA Australia) collects the following personal information about Playground Finder Users – full name, email address and geo-location
- Full name and email address information is used for the following purposes;
- to create a personal login account;
- to send personalised email updates about Playground Finder (including competitions) or other Play Australia (IPA Australia) campaigns;
- to send personalised email updates about playgrounds listed on Playground Finder (for example: newly opened or highly rated); and/or
- to request feedback on Playground Finder services to inform continuous improvement of the platform.
- To remove yourself from Playground Finder email updates and requests, or to request all your personal data to be removed from Playground Finder, please email email@example.com
- Geo-location information is used for the following purposes;
- to create a more personalised experience by displaying/mapping playgrounds near You;
- to enable google maps to show journey options from your location to your chosen playground; and/or
- to support application notifications for You about playgrounds you may be interested in, when nearby.
- You will be given the choice to share your location upon using Playground Finder, you can select “no” however your user experience will be limited.
- Facebook data deletion instructions
- Playground Finder is a Facebook login app and we do not save your personal data in our server.
- According to Facebook policy, we must provide User Data Deletion Callback URL or Data Deletion Instructions URL.
- If You want to delete your activities for Playground Finder Login App, you can remove your information by following these steps:
- Go to your Facebook Account’s Setting & Privacy. Click “Settings”
- Look for “Apps and Websites” and you will see all of the apps and websites you linked with your Facebook.
- Search and Click “Playground Finder Login” in the search bar.
- Scroll and click “Remove”.
- Congratulations, you have successfully removed your app activities.